March 30, 2012

Blumau extravaganza #3 - "Don't blame my mini-skirt."




My brain was all over the place this week since I read an article on Huffington Post about the "War" against mini-skirts in Indonesia.

I spent my whole week trying to find a better reason for this war...I tried to find something strictly religious to understand but nothing was able to erase from my mind this phrase from the country’s parliamentary speaker Marzuki Alie :

"There have been a lot of rape cases and other immoral acts recently and this is because women aren't wearing appropriate clothes...You know what men are like. Provocative clothing will make them do things."

REALLY???

To all of you that are reading this, take your time and READ CAREFULLY :

"There have been a lot of rape cases and other immoral acts recently and this is because women aren't wearing appropriate clothes..."


Are u f*cking Serious? It means that women clothes are dictating the immoral behavior of the society? That man is saying to my face that the cause of rape is women clothes? Really? What about women in Afghanistan or Pakistan that are always with their bodies covered from head to toe and are raped aswell?

Are you kidding me? 

"You know what men are like. Provocative clothing will make them do things."

What men are like? Tell me...
I know I can't put myself in that case case because I'm almost Lady Gaga but girls, I'm from Rio, the most hot place on earth, where girls are all over the place wearing bikinis, mini-skirts, bikinis with transparent mini-skirts...and I have two bothers. They are tall, they are strong and they are what people call MACHOS.

Guess what? They never raped anybody. My father never raped anybody. My hot neighbor that is washing his car, shirtless, right now, never raped anybody...

So please, somebody tell me "What men are like"?.

I'll tell you something about that. A rapist will rape a woman even if she's wearing a pair of jeans and a jacket. That's what a rapist do. He rapes.

Rape means that a sexually frustrated man needs to do something against other person disposal to feel strong, to feel like a man.

REAL MAN DON'T DO THAT.

So don't come with that "you know what men are like" extravaganza 'cause first : Yeah, I know a lot of men, I know what they are like and they never raped anybody.

Second : A f*cking idiot that needs to force sex and don't understand that NO means NO is not a man. THAT HUMAN-BEING IS NOT A MAN.

Man are so much better than that and we all know a few ones.

I mean after all, this whole thing is disrespectfull with women and much more disrespectful with real men, that sometimes or all the time have sex impulses or desires but NEVER rape anyone.

"Under Indonesian law, for a rape to be prosecuted it required corroboration - including the testimony of two witnesses. Women lived in a "realm of private terror", for any victims or witnesses who dared to take action were intimidated with death threats," - Ms Coomaraswamy, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations, Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict

Next time you decided to ban something, BAN RAPE!


P.s: Dear readers. You all know that I'm all about "I wish you love" and "NamastĂȘ" but sometimes I'm just so freaking angry with the world...I'm sorry for the speech full of rage. 

bisou,
Blumau.